Founded over 35 years ago, SDNY Dental is a one-of-a-kind dental practice, where a renowned team of leading prosthodontists, periodontists, orthodontists and implant specialists, all in one office, provide our patients with the highest quality, integrated and coordinated care. SDNY represents the ultimate in multidisciplinary dental treatment:
- From the smallest of fillings to the most demanding cosmetic and aesthetic dental restorations.
- From a single dental implant to a full mouth reconstruction.
- From periodontal surgery and routine maintenance to orthodontic repositioning of teeth with invisible braces.
- From simple tooth whitening to porcelain veneers and all-ceramic crowns.
- Each SDNY specialist has completed two or more years of an American Dental Association accredited advanced education program in his or her respective specialties following four years in dental school, and most have also completed hospital based residency programs prior to their specialty training.
- Several of the dentists in our team have even earned more than one specialty or fellowship certificate.
- The extraordinary combined expertise and decades of advanced training of our specialists, who work closely together as a team, is only one of the many assets and strengths setting us apart from conventional dental practices. Continual interaction and consultation enables us to provide a level of patient care and treatment that others cannot duplicate.
- These same highly accomplished dental specialists are also committed dental educators, teaching other dentists at universities and hospitals, conducting research studies and writing articles and books that significantly advance the science and art of dentistry. We are the dentists that teach the dentists.
- At our founding, the prevailing wisdom was that a group multispecialty dental practice had little chance of success. Today, SDNY is a model for the 21st century practice of dentistry, with our leadership and innovation acknowledged and respected throughout the United States and around the world.
Prosthodontists specialize in the restoration and replacement of teeth with implants, bridges, dentures and cosmetic/aesthetic restorations. As the American College of Prosthodontists notes, “Extensive training and experience provide prosthodontists with a special understanding of the dynamics of a smile, the preservation of a healthy mouth and the creation of tooth replacements.”
Orthodontists diagnose, correct and prevent malocclusion (misaligned teeth and/or jaws). They straighten teeth and align jaws and treat other dental development irregularities. The American Association of Orthodontists points out that orthodontists can “Improve your dental health, enhance your facial appearance and even boost your self-esteem.”
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gums and supporting structures around the teeth. “Periodontists receive extensive training in these areas, including three additional years of education beyond dental school. In addition, they can perform cosmetic periodontal procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire.” – American Academy of Periodentology